Why people opportunity hop; the psychotic habits of entrepreneurs; overcoming “non work” in your business & a late night NYC taco adventure.
Yep… now this is happening. You’re about to head down a rabbit hole called The Andrew Hansen Show!
In this first episode I talked to a new friend of mine, and very wise fellow named Peter Shallard, also known as “The Shrink For Entrepreneurs” and the head coach at CommitAction.com.
Peter and I had a fascinating chat about the things that cause 1 person to build a successful new business while 99 other try and fail. We looked at the question from numerous angles and Peter shared insights, at times from his own company’s empirical research into the topic.
… But we also talked about dangerous late night burrito driven citybike adventures, monkeys, and Aperol Spritz. 🙂
Some of the best parts of our chat include:
– When Peter dropped casually in, what he believes is “the only thing that guarantees entrepreneurial success” (and at the risk of sounding like a clickbait headline, this will NOT be what you expect :))
– The psychotic mental habits of highly successful entrepreneurs (Peter’s word not mine)
– The primary way anyone can develop that “psychotic trait” and improve their own chances of success.
– The real reason you’re fearful of what might happen when your new business is successful (Hint: It has to do with monkeys)
– How we respond to failures and why it changes completely as you grow as an entrepreneur.
– The real reason people “opportunity hop” in business (This was absolutely game changing for me and my understanding of why so many people get “stuck in a rut” with online marketing. If nothing else PLEASE listen to this bit that starts around the 40 minute mark.
– And so much more.
Last note: Because I’m still getting used to this, the audio has a tiny echo on it from my new mic. It may annoy you but I hope you can ignore it and I promise I’ll sort it out for next time 🙂
Did You Enjoy This Chat?
Let me know at the my new Facebook Page here. I’ll make sure Peter sees it too.
Otherwise you can harass him on Twitter at twitter.com/petershallard